Saturday, September 17, 2005

RETIRED ADDRESSES - THANKS FOR ALL YOUR DONATIONS!

1. a friend of mine is in a town north of NOLA (mail etc is OK - not sure about gas) which is housing evacuees sent me an email, partially excerpted below the address - need seems mostly for BABY /kids' items as well as OTC items like ibruprofen, antacids, etc & towels/linens - FEMA is taking care of water/food and salvation armyis taking care of clothing/shoes - see list below


Marksville City Hall
Attn: Hurricane Relief Coordinator
427 N. Washington Street
Marksville, La. 71351
Phone # to the mayor's office for verification: 318-253-9500

--- [email starts] My brother-in-law is the Relief Coordinator for our parish (like
your county) and has given me a list of items we desperately need. We
are not asking for money...only items needed for these people. If you
can help with whatever you can send we would be most grateful! Myron
& I will make sure they are distributed where needed. We have alot of
donations of soap, toothbrushes, etc so we're ok on those for now.
The following are items we have none or very little of and need
desperately:
(updated 9/3)

  • *air mattresses
  • *pillows / blankets
  • *deodorant / soap
  • *toothpaste / toothbrushes
  • *shampoo / baby formula / baby bottles
  • *disposable diapers (all sizes) / baby wipes *towels & wash cloths
  • *canned foods (ready to eat type like beef stew, spaghettios,/soups/vienna sausages...etc)
  • *OTC medical (tylenol, aspirin, band aids, alka seltzer, baby pain relievers,etc)

. . .
Thanks so much to each of ou in advance...please keep these people
in your thoughts and prayers!

2.
Saint Patrick's Catholic Church

12424 Brogdon Lane

Baton Rouge, LA 70816

225-753-5750

they have no further needs at this time - 9/22

3.
this address has also been removed - needs met and sheltered evacuees have been moved elsewhere:


Freeway Manor Baptist
2300 Rodney
Houston, TX 77034
713-944-0000
4.
Broadmoor Baptist Church
1531 Highland Colony Parkway
Madison, MS 39110
(601) 898-2345

shelter closed 9/23

5.
Helping Hands for Texas
c/o Alamo Premier Mortgage Group
10223 281 Freeway, Suite 200
San Antonio 78216
210.340.1390

not accepting donations any longer

6. RETIRED - baton rouge shelters ARE NOT ACCEPTING non-monetary donations any longer

the following info is now STALE:

http://www.brrivercenter.com/site102.php

ship to (I successfully sent a pkg USPS priority – 2 business days from SF to the address below; arr 9/6):

The Baton Rouge River Center
275 South River Road
Baton Rouge, LA, 70802

Phone- 225-389-3030 (their needs list is at http://www.brrivercenter.com/site102.php)

UPDATE 9/17 :: i read a post on craigslist saying the BRRC ran out of food but i've just called the number above and they said that wasn't true – they are OK with food

i phoned these people at about 1 PST on fri 9/2 - the woman says they have about 6500 people. she says FEMA is not there yet - the PR person danielle said via email the Red Cross is running the shelter but the person i spoke with by phone says they are accepting packages of much needed items:

  • CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR UPDATED NEEDS LIST BEFORE SENDING - THIS ONE IS FROM 9/4 & LIKELY IS OUT OF DATE
  • towels
  • socks for all ages
  • slippers for all ages
  • Water
  • Diapers - for babies and adults
  • baby bottles
  • pacifiers
  • anything relating to personal hygiene
  • Non-perishable food
  • Sheets
  • Pillows
  • Sleeping Bags
  • DVD kid friendly movies
----------
10/2 update

the LAMAR facility appears to be shutting down & likely MOVED, so i'm retiring the following addresses. when i receive the addresses for the new locations, i will repost the info to the main blog page:


GONZALEZ, LA
UPDATE 9/17
:: i've received an email from my friend at the SC equine rescue who are working closely with the folks at LSU/LAMAR (in gonzalez) - they have been receiving everyone's generous donations ~ keep up the GREAT work. every one of you is making a difference. >>>>here's my original post (updated as i get info)
the following info is from friend who helps run an equine rescue in SC , so the info includes a local SC drop-off info too- please do NOT send PET FOOD to these addresses (Purina & other mfrs are supplying to the shelters) - INFO below DIVIDED BY HORSE/SMALL ANIMAL/PEOPLE :The address to ship to LSU (they are doing an outstanding job!) for equine related items:

LAMAR DIXON AG CENTER
HURRICANE RELIEF - HORSE
9039 ST LANDRY
GONZALES, LA 70737

225-578-9501

Items needed:

fly masks, halters, lead ropes, sweat scrapes, fly spray, oitments, brushes, paste dewormers, flat back buckets,

------

LAMAR DIXON AG CENTER
HURRICANE RELIEF - PET
9039 ST LANDRY
GONZALES, LA 70737

ITEMS needed:
dog beds, toys, leashes. The dogs are being walked several times a day to get them out of their crates. They don't want dog treats sent at all - they're monitoring the food since they tend to get diarrhea from stressful situations.
also need: fans, extension cords, cages of all sizes, food bowls & water bowels, leashes & collars, flea treatments, shampoos, ointments, brushes

people can also purchase items online through petsmart, petco, wal-mart, jeffers online, petmeds, and other pet supply companies and have them ship directly to lsu

Hotline: 1-888-773-6489

----

Lsu - LAMAR DIXON AG CENTER
HURRICANE RELIEF - HUMAN
9039 ST LANDRY
GONZALES, LA 70737

items needed:

  • the ONLY clothing neeeded is 3x-4x women's & children's of all ages
  • new underwear/socks
  • TOWELS, shampoo, soap, deodorants, baby diapers, toothpaste, toothbrushes, washcloths, toilet paper

Hotline: 1-888-773-6489


8 Comments:

Blogger horseshoe said...

Hey PLEASE FORWARD THIS PAGE GREAT title RETIRED ADDRESSES - THANKS FOR ALL YOUR DONATIONS!. Thats what actually caught my eye. I was surfing blogs to try and help my customers and visitors with information on my website about ##Keyword## and paused to read but ran out of time. I will book mark it and come back to read later. This isn't really what I was looking for what I really need is information about http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com related subjects but thank you and I shall return. I wish you well.

9:30 AM  
Blogger horse gift ideas said...

Hey PLEASE FORWARD THIS PAGE GREAT title RETIRED ADDRESSES - THANKS FOR ALL YOUR DONATIONS!. Thats what actually caught my eye. I was surfing blogs to try and help my customers and visitors with information on my website about ##Keyword## and paused to read but ran out of time. I will book mark it and come back to read later. This isn't really what I was looking for what I really need is information about http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com related subjects but thank you and I shall return. I wish you well.

10:39 AM  
Blogger horseshoe said...

PLEASE FORWARD THIS PAGE GREAT title RETIRED ADDRESSES - THANKS FOR ALL YOUR DONATIONS!. I am actually looking for summer camps related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other summer camps related blogs. Thank you.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Mortgage Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering mortgage calc related stuff. Feel free to visit my mortgage calc site.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Mortgage Center said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a northern rock mortgage
site/blog. It pretty much covers northern rock mortgage
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

##NAME##, I was just passing by on my search for things about Artritis pain relief on
the Net, and dropped in on your blog. I was looking for stuff for my Artritis pain relief site. Not
sure that your blog was exactly what I needed, but I enjoyed my visit all the same.

8:15 PM  
Blogger adam said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

12:50 AM  
Blogger adam said...

Hi, this is not so related to your page, but it is the site you asked me 1 month ago about the abs diet. I tried it, worked well. Well here is the site

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home